Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step...

So I may have a job. This morning I went downtown to respond to an ad I saw on Craigslist. I brought my resume, dressed business casual, and kept an open mind and an optimistic attitude. I get to the restaurant (not quite finished yet, but it's Bottega Louie on 7th and Grand) and head upstairs. Turns out they were doing interviews, so I just waited for my turn trying to think of interesting things to say. It ended up great. The two managers, Mike and Eric, kept the conversation flowing like it would with friends. I just smiled, kept eye contact, and told my story. They ended up asking me to wait around for the president of the company, who has the final say in the hiring process. There were a lot of people coming in and out for interviews, and right before they broke for lunch, Mr. Flores comes by. Out of all those people, about five or six of us went in to talk to Mr. Flores, and two minutes into talking to him, he said, "Well, you have me convinced." So now all there is left is to wait for a call, and keep searching for leads. I'll try not to get too excited in case this doesn't work out, but I am certainly heartened by one of my first attempts at blind interviewing. Oh, forgot. The position that I'd have is a food runner (running dishes from the kitchen to the customer). Both managers also mentioned the possibility of being able to shadow a chef in the actual kitchen, which would be absolutely amazing. So far, it's a pretty awesome day. Hope you all are doing well (assuming I have readers at all hahaha).
Cheers,
-Peter

No comments: